Wednesday, April 11, 2012

there are no words for this

We sit. The table so grand, yet intimacy tasted. We sit. This big bad world with it's deceptions and worries, so what is this peace before me, this peace we share? It is opposite of what rages nearby, so close. I can touch this war around me, in me, about me. I can hear the voices that long to drag me away, drag me away from this peace I taste, I feel, I touch. I don't have to ask where you are, or if you will come near. You are here. You are the silence that screams comfort, that pushes away worry, and demands shame to silence it's grip. You are the silent sound that reminds me, "I know all, and no one else has to know. No one else has to know what I have redeemed, what I have made new in you. But, we know." Your grace covers me, protects me, lifts me. You are this peace I need. This peace that freely gives and asks for nothing in return. For at this moment you want only me. Weakness, doubt, fear - they consume me; yet, you want me. Why would I not give in? Why would I dare to taste the rage and entertain the fools, when you are near? You are here, and you are...free. No penance to pay. No show to perform. You take me as I am. No one else does that. No one else takes me as I am and gives freely, gives goodness with no lines, no limits. When there is no one around, no one near... you are here, and you are true. You know I need this, and you provide. I need not this world. I need not these things. For in your arms I find myself in heaven's surrounding truth. In your arms I find myself connected to eternity and to those who know not time and it's walls. In your arms, your bride finds.... many joys unseen. In your arms, I know what matters, I know what's real. For in this moment I am surrounded by love. There are no words for this.

2 comments:

  1. Exactly what I needed today sister. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always the perfect timely word. So good. Thank you Sundy. Love you.

    ReplyDelete