Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Seeing Again

I like to think this is what God sees when I am having a hard day, a distant season, a battle with thoughts, faith, and reality. I like to think that when darkness surrounds my days and my perspective that the truth of the matter is... this picture. I like to imagine that when blue and gray are my truth... color, life, light, and a clear vision are His. If this is what He sees, it gives me power. It gives me power to believe that even though I stand surrounded by darkness, by lack of vision, by weariness, and by unanswered prayers, this truth remains: His love covers. That even though I doubt His hand, question my truth, and feed my bitterness, even still, His love covers. His love is so grand that He declares it covering a multitude of sins. So with that truth my question is this: How can we judge ourselves so strong when His love is so forgiving? Why are we so intent on grabbing our brothers covering and showcasing their darkness when God is covering it, forgiving it, redeeming it? Oh Lord, I want to see what you see. I want to be where you are. I desire light to continue its journey on revealing the truth of matters, the hardness of my heart, the past lies I believed, the now lies I believe. I am forever growing, changing, and seeing again. I want to know you cover me, and I want to know you cover others. Perfection is not the condition. The straight and narrow is not the dictator. American republican clean cut living is not the combination. The church doors are not the pearly gates. He just covers. Thank God He covers.







No comments:

Post a Comment