Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It Anchors Nonetheless

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. Heb 6
He is my anchor. Many times throughout one week, one day, and in one minute; He is my anchor. It's like He has an endless supply of anchors that continue to multiply as my need for them arises. Anchors are made and designed to hold fast, stand strong, prove firm, and produce an outcome of stubbornness, strength, and ability. Anchors are here for me to hold when the wind blows harder than my life had prepared. Anchors are here when the waters rise and there I sit, in the middle of a boat that is being tossed as wind and rain do its violent work. This storm I did not ask for, I did not see coming, I was blindsided by this strength of power that is beyond my control. At that point, in the middle of the storm, as I am vulnerable and in open air, all I have is this anchor. This anchor that was made for me to survive and come out on the other side safe. I love that I can grab an anchor when I am in a storm that I myself walked into, asked for by my actions, welcomed with known consequences. I love that He has an anchor for those storms too. The anchor knows not why you grab it, judges not if you deserve it's strength that day. The anchor does the job it is designed to do. The anchor has no choice - it has to anchor. It has to hold fast, stand firm, grip tight, and not move. The anchor, as small as it is, is able to hold down and keep safe the largest of all ships. The ship is bigger than the anchor, yet the anchor is stronger, the anchor is unmoving. Firm. Protecting from devastation. Oh the strong winds blow and the anchor knows not why. The heavy rains fall, and the anchor cares not how. The skies darken and the anchor notices not when. The storm beats against my life, stronger one day, slowing the next - and even then the anchor is not moved, is not changed, is not weaker in it's ability to hold me in place or hold tight in it's job to protect me. What I must continue to do is this: Hold fast to this lifesaver that is given to me without judgement, without regard to why I need it that day, without comparison to the strength it provides for another. What I must continue to do is this: Hold tightly to who the anchor is, what the anchor promises, and what the anchor is there to do. My problems, my fears, the judgements, the consequences, the doubts, the losing, the weakness of mind and body - these things are not strong enough to break chains in the anchor that hold you and in the anchor that holds me. The only thing able to defeat the anchor, the only thing that is able to prove the anchor disable in its strength to hold us is when you and I let it go and choose to hold something else, trust someone else, place faith in things that move and change. The only time this anchor will not be able to do the work it is designed and made to do is when I let go and cling to things that come and go as the wind blows. Only my holding of the anchor will allow it to do it's full work in my week, in my day, and in my minute of need. So, hold tightly to the anchor of the day. Worry not what tomorrows anchor will save you from because tomorrow and forever there is an endless supply. The anchor cares not why you hold it, how far into the storm you grab it, or how many times you have needed it in the past - it will anchor nonetheless.


1 comment:

  1. I feel like I am redundant when I post comments here. Your blogs ALWAYS encourage me and make me think and remind me of what is important and challenge me. Love you. Thank you for sharing your heart here.

    ReplyDelete