Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bring on the Rain

Let the rain come down today. Let it make the ground ready for new growth, new things. Let it prepare for life - things living, growing, changing. I love the rain. I think I can love the rain because I know it won't always be raining. I think I can enjoy the mess it brings because the mess won't always be there. The sun will come, dry out the wet things, bring a warm heat, and renew. The rainy days group together sometimes and try to strip hope from my grasp, from my heart that is so longing for just a small taste of it. Rain reminds me that whatever I am in...won't be long. Whatever I face, won't be forever. Whatever I need, will one day be mine. So, bring on the rain. Let it get the bottom of my jeans wet with annoyance. Let it fog up my car windows, let it give me a sinus headache. Let it make me wish I was at a beach. Because, newness awaits. Redemption stands near. Hope begins its journey past my fears and small bumps in the road. So, bring on the rain. Because really, it prepares the ground for something good that I don't yet see.

1 comment:

  1. So I want to print and bind your posts into a book for myself... I will pay money. Again you speak right to the heart of the matter. Love you.

    ReplyDelete