Friday, February 5, 2010

Out of Ashes Comes Beauty

Today I drive...everyday, I drive. Thank you God, that you speak, when I drive. It doesn't always happen that way, but today it did. I love to hear Him. I must admit, there are times I HOPE I heard Him, then there are times I KNOW I heard Him. After all, He longs to communicate with us. He loves. Today, it was loud. You know, loud in my head, that is. He said, "Out of ashes, comes beauty." Out of ashes comes beauty. HA HA HA HA ....that makes me laugh! THAT MAKES ME LAUGH SO HARD FROM MY GUT WITH JOY!!! Only my perfect father can make beauty come from ashes!!! .......HA HA HA.... and in your face, devil, because it has nothing to do with my performance! It has to do with His grace, His love, and who HE says I am! Not what circumstance, the past, mistakes, sin, opinions of others, my performance, or even what my own heart says that I am. Out of ashes come beauty?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? ...so I did a word search! Out of ASHES, out of the powdery residue of matter that remains after burning, out of death like grayness, out of the residue of something destroyed, out of mortal remains and ruins, out of regret, out of remorse, out of remains.....comes BEAUTY, comes refinement, comes something extraordinary, comes something excellent of it's kind, comes loveliness, attractiveness, comes a quality or feature that is most effective, gratifying, or telling.

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because He has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives, and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who morn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion (even in Zion, we grieve)....and to BESTOW ON THEM A CROWN OF BEAUTY INSTEAD OF ASHES, the oil of gladness instead of morning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61

If you are reading this, you are beautiful. Out of ashes comes beauty. Out of your ashes, comes your beauty. Beauty that your loving Father has bestowed on you. He saw your ashes and in all that your ashes represent He created something beautiful. Even with your ashes visible to the world, your beauty is still your crown, a crown He bestowed on you . Know for sure this day, my friend, out of your ashes He will forever continue to create beauty.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! He gave me that same word earlier today as well! This is excellent! Thank you, Sundy!! I love how you write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chrissy that means alot. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome Sundy....I needed to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be a professional blogger/encourager/writer-of-what's-in-the-heart/God-is-speaking-I'm-gonna-share-it/person. I love reading your blogs. It makes me want to write more. (I need to gather all those scraps of paper I have laying around with half-written rhema on them, and start writing all the things I have saved up!)

    ReplyDelete