Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lonesome is on the Shelf

This song by Ingrid Michaelson "You and I" reminds me so much of my relationship with Mike. I love it when that happens! I love that when I listen to love songs I still think of my husband and the wonderful, very unique relationship we have. When they sing of fun, memories, laughter, passion, newness, and love, the man I have been married to for 18 years still comes to my mind. I wish this and more for all of you who are married. It is a gift that I am so very thankful for.

Don't you worry, there my honey
we might not have any money,
but we've got our love to pay the bills.
Maybe I think you're cute and funny
Maybe I wanna do what bunnies do with you
if you know what I mean.
You might be a bit confused
and you might be a little bit bruised
but baby how we spoon like no one else.
So I will help you read those books
if you will soothe my worried looks
and we will put the lonesome on the shelf

3 comments:

  1. Awww... my wife is sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. But the part about "doing what the bunnies do" could have been left out. Ewwwwwww, Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete