Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Not Today

I can feel you pulling me in. Always drawing my heart near to you. I am distracted much, but you hold me together and give me days that I hear your sweet voice louder. He still wants to surprise me. He still wants to come down and remind me that He sees me and that He is for me. The race for me is long and I get tired. Not for Him. He is the author, the source of freshness and newness and goodness. Open wide your heart dear one. Open wide your voice in asking for the newness, the life not yet tasted, something fresh not yet touched. Been there done that is for yesterdays thoughts. For today I know not the good that awaits, the treasures that hope has stored up for me but, I know they are in reach. They are for me, now, as I surrender and open my heart. You are the One I seek. You are the One I need. You are the One I follow. I want to lose this life that holds me back. Teach me what lose means to you. Show me. For today I have life greater than yesterday. Your mercies are new every morning. Everything about you is new every morning. What are you saying to me today? What will fill me, change me, renew me? I will take this chance to ask. I will take this time to ask. I will join in with creation today and long for you. I missed it yesterday. Not today. No, not today.

1 comment: